Date: 01 November 2019
Loan No. and Title: Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project 50091-002
Contract No. and Title: IC-06/02 IT system analyst/engineer (appr. 3 person-months)
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports (MECSS) is implementing a loan project L3594-MON: Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project, which is financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The Project has the following outputs: (i) Gap in enrollment capacity of schools and kindergartens narrowed; (ii) Unfinished curriculum reform and associated assessment system reforms completed; (iii) Teaching and learning materials that accompany the new curriculum provided; (iv) Teachers and managers’ knowledge and skills upgraded for the new curriculum and assessments; and (v) Systems for planning and managing education services strengthened. Expected outcome of the project is sustained access to and quality of pre-primary, primary, and secondary education sustained during economic difficulties. The project is aligned with the following impact: more accessible, more equitable and better-quality education system developed.
More information about the project can be obtained from https://www.adb.org/projects/50091-002/main
The MECSS is now accepting application for the vacancy of IT system analyst/engineer (appr. 3 person-months)
- Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
- Scope of Work
- Application Submission Procedure
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports (MECSS) is implementing the Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project financed by Asian Development Bank (ADB). MECSS aims to strengthen the capacity of the Education Evaluation Center (EEC) to plan, develop and administer a secure and reliable external assessment system for measuring student achievement levels at key points of schooling extending item bank. In order to achieve the aims and support business/management decision, the following main activities will be implemented under the project. Hereof:
i) To create system analysis documents for Business intelligence system (BIS) establishment process;
ii) To develop and introduce BIS at EEC;
- Do system configuration to meet the needs of users to the system.
Estimated commencement date is 02 December 2019 and fielding of consultant is planned between 02 December 2019 to 30 June 2021. The consultant should work on an intermittent basis until 30 June 2021 with 3 intervals.
The consultant’s main responsibility is to i) create system analysis documents for BIS establishment process, including the system configuration, the system analysis, functional specification, development; and hand over the BIS analysis documents to the EEC;
ii) develop terms of references of CS-02:IT Firm developed customized BIS; iii) monitor performances of CS-02:IT Firm developed customized BIS and provide comments and recommendations for improvement to their performances based on comments from MECSS and EEC; iv) advice and comment to prepare specifications and needs for procurement of goods related to BIS.
The consultant has to work closely with MECSS and its agencies and Project implementation unit (PIU) to fulfill the tasks requested by the EEC.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Outputs
The specialists will:
- Develop a detailed work plan (the plan will be basis of undertaking the assignments during the consulting services) based on the TOR;
- Develop non-functional/technical specifications based on requirements of the system analysis. Organize a detailed consultation with relevant staff to reach a consensus the business process and based on the result, develop the systems architecture with the detailed functional specification;
- Comment and advice to prepare specifications and needs for procurement of goods related to information technology within the BIS (with budget);
- Do system configuration to meet the needs of users to the system;
- Lead and monitor the hardware capacity evaluation process and recommend a plan for capacity in terms of IT system's hardware and evaluate the possible hardware for the IT systems in collaboration with other team members. Lead the procurement, deployment and configuration of the possible hardware and software tools;
- Prepare terms of reference of CS-02:IT Firm to develop customized BIS;
- Develop a plan for the possible human resource needs, hardware requirements and software development for the next 5 years based on the BIS future usage – Define the solutions to mitigate the risks of the BIS future usage and possible problems based on the analysis result of the current human resource as well as hardware needs for the system’s normal operations and after the new system’s development;
- Provide comments and recommendation on technological solutions and architecture and collaborate with the firm;
- Recommend issues to consider during testing required for acceptance of the new system and determine requirements of the testing;
- Organize consultative meeting with EEC staffs;
- Perform other tasks and duties related to information technology and assigned by the EEC (Item bank etc);
- Monitor CS-02:IT Firm developed customized BIS reports;
- Submit each deliverable to IC-07: ICT specialist (PIU) for its review and comment.
C. Required Qualifications, Skills and Expertise
The applicant must possess and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A master’s degree in information technology or related field;
- Strong English and Mongolian technical (written and oral) reporting ability (English language skills will be tested and examined).
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in in implementation of BIS;
- A strong knowledge and skills on design and development of information system to support core operations;
- Have theoretical and practical knowledge and skills on server, network architecture and related areas;
- Previous work experience at International Financial Institutions (IFIs) funded projects will be an advantage (references are required);
- A sufficient knowledge on internet network security technology and hardware;
- Experience of developing terms of references.
Minimum General Experience: 5 years
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment): 3 Years
Regional/Country Experience: Required
Interested applicants should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian languages through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at link: cms.adb.org:
- Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining reasons for applying for the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum vitae using ADB template;
- Two reference letters from previous employer/s;
- Copies of all diplomas, certificates;
- Other supporting documents (such as information on previously conducted similar works, (contracts or official document related with previous similar works) proof of English language proficiency (IELTS, TOEFL, English language certificates);
- Copy of social insurance book.
All documents should be submitted through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at link cms.adb.org: on or before 07 November 2019. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the MECSS’ consultant selection committee; and (ii) provide proof of work experience and original copies diplomas and certificates at the interview.
Attn: Ms J.Battuya Procurement specialist
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports of Mongolia, Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project
Sukhbaatar District, Baga Toiruu-44, City Center, Room No.802
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia
Tel: +976 7766-0888