Date: 13 August 2019
Loan No. and Title: Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project 50091-002
Contract No. and Title: IC-07 ICT Specialist (appr. 18 person-months)
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports (MECSS) is implementing Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project, under a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
The Project has the following outputs: (i) Gap in enrollment capacity of schools and kindergartens narrowed; (ii) Unfinished curriculum reform and associated assessment system reforms completed; (iii) Teaching and learning materials that accompany the new curriculum provided; (iv) Teachers and managers’ knowledge and skills upgraded for the new curriculum and assessments; and (v) Systems for planning and managing education services strengthened. Expected outcome of the project is sustained access to and quality of pre-primary, primary, and secondary education sustained during economic difficulties. The project is aligned with the following impact: more accessible, more equitable and better-quality education system developed.
More information about the project can be obtained from https://www.adb.org/projects/50091-002/main
The MECSS is now accepting application for the vacancy of ICT specialist (appr. 18 person-months)
A. Objective and Purpose of the Assignment
Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports (MECSS) aims to strengthen (i) the systems for planning and managing education services to improve efficiency in education expenditures, (ii) capacity of the Institute of Teachers Professional Development (ITPD) to develop and deliver continuous professional development programs for pre-primary, primary, and secondary teachers, and (iii) the capacity of the Education Evaluation Center (EEC) to plan, develop, and administer a secure and reliable external assessment system for measuring student achievement levels at key points of schooling. In order to achieve the aims, the following main activities will be implemented under the project. Hereof:
- To develop and introduce business intelligence system (BIS) at EEC;
- To develop online learning platforms at the ITPD; and
- To develop Geographic Information System (GIS) to collect and analyze information on school and kindergarten construction, expansion, and rehabilitation needs.
With regard to this, MECSS, the implementing agency, intends to recruit a qualified Information Communication Technology (ICT) consultant (the specialist) for 18 person months on an intermittent basis and the specialist will support the implementation of the planned activities. Estimated commencement date is 20 September 2019 and fielding of consultant is planned between 20 September 2019 to 20 June 2021
- Scope of Work
- Required Qualifications, Skills and Expertise
- Application Submission Procedure
The specialist will be hired to be responsible for timely implementation and provision of aforementioned information technology (IT) related activities by providing the required assistance to the Project Implementation Unit (PIU), the MECSS and other stakeholders. The scope of consultancy work is to (i) develop TORs for IT consulting firms and individual consultants, (ii) supervise/overview the implementation of the IT related activities under components (2,4,5) of the project; and (iii) responsible for maintaining the project website for further upgrades.
Detailed Tasks and/or Expected Outputs
The specific tasks and expected outputs will include, but not limited to the following:
- Develop a detailed work plan (the plan will be basis of undertaking the assignments during the consulting services) based on the TOR;
- Review and finalize drafted TORs for consulting firms under packages CS-01: IT firm to develop online platform for ITPD and CS-04: Information Technology to develop Geographic Information System (GIS); and provide professional input in finalizing CS-02: IT Firm to develop customized business intelligence system by collaborating with relevant officials of MECSS, Education Sector Information System (ESIS) project team, PIU, ITPD, EEC and individual consultants, recruited under the project;
- Work closely with PlU to procure and provide goods and services related to the IT by providing professional inputs;
- Work closely with and provide guidance to the IT firms and individual consultants, recruited under the project, in order to implement their assignments to meet with the client’s requirements;
- Liaise between the firms and stakeholders including MECSS, Ulaanbaatar Metropolitan Education Department (UMED), ITPD, Institution of Education (IoE), EEC, PIU, ESIS project team in designing, developing and pilot testing of GIS, BIS and online learning platform etc.;
- On behalf of the PIU, provide professional inputs by reviewing/commenting the deliverables provided by the firms and individual consultants for the client’s review and approval;
- Collaborate with the firms and individual consultants in organizing workshops, seminars and training on use of the developed GIS, BIS and online learning platform;
- Brief and prepare/submit progress reports on monthly basis to the PIU and quarterly basis to the PIU and MECSS and act as focal point for all documents with ICT purpose at project level;
- Collect data/statistics for IT purposes and provide required data to the PIU, MECSS and ADB;
- Upgrade and maintain the project website by improving the quality, prepare required contents based on the project outcomes, preparing the infographic-based news etc. where required;
- Be responsible for the implementation and technical issues relating to the internal IT at the project level;
- Perform other tasks/duties related to the IT and assigned by the project.
The applicant must possess and demonstrate the following qualifications:
- A bachelor and higher degree in information technology, specialized in system analysis;
- Technical and reporting ability of English language (Language skills will be tested and examined);
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in information communication technology;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in system development and system analysis;
- Previous work experience at International Financial Institutions (IFIs) funded projects (references are required);
- A strong knowledge and skills on design and development of information system to support core operations;
- A sufficient knowledge on internet network security technology and hardware
Minimum General Experience: 5 years
Minimum Specific Experience (relevant to assignment): 3 Years
Regional/Country Experience: Required
Interested applicants should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English and Mongolian languages through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at link: cms.adb.org:
- Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining reasons for applying for the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum vitae using ADB template;
- Two reference letters from previous employer/s;
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates;
- Copy of social insurance book;
- Other supporting documents (to prove previous working experience of similar works, English language proficiency such as IELTS, TOEFL, English Language Certificates etc.) Language skills will be tested and examined.
All documents should be submitted through ADB’s Consultant Management System (CMS) at link cms.adb.org: on or before 27 August 2019. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the MECSS’ consultant selection committee; and (ii) provide proof of work experience and original copies diplomas and certificates at the interview.
Attn: Ms J.Battuya Procurement specialist
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports of Mongolia, Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education During Economic Difficulties Project
Sukhbaatar District, Baga Toiruu-44, City Center, Room No.802
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia
Tel: +976 7766-0888