Sustaining Access to and Quality of Education during Economic Difficulties Project (RRP MON 50091), implemented by Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports (MECSS) and financed by Asian Development Bank (ADB), aims to minimize the negative effects during this difficult economic period by (i) narrowing the gap in the enrollment capacity of schools and kindergartens in Ulaanbaatar and some aimag centers (output 1), (ii) supporting the completion of unfinished curriculum reform and associated assessment system reforms (output 2), (iii) ensuring the provision of teaching and learning materials (TLM) that accompany the new curriculum (output 3), (iv) upgrading the skills and knowledge of teachers and managers for the new curriculum and assessments (output 4), and (v) strengthening systems for planning and managing education services (output 5).
The Procurement Specialist (24 person-months) is a full-time staff of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU).
Scope of Work
· Manage and coordinate all procurement activities including recruitment of consultants in consultation with the executing and implementing agencies and in accordance with ADB’s guidelines and procedures and national laws and regulations;
· Plan and manage procurement activities including the establishment of bid evaluation committees, preparation of bid documents and cost estimates, invitation for bids, bidders’ inquiries, bid evaluation, preparation of bid evaluation minutes and reports, preparation of contract negotiations with selected bidders, and submissions for ADB’s review in accordance with the project procurement plan and ADB’s guidelines and procedures;
· Plan and manage consultant recruitment activities including the establishment of consultant selection committees, preparation of terms of reference (TORs) and cost estimates, advertisement, short listing, evaluation of technical proposals, preparation of technical proposal evaluation minutes and reports, evaluation of financial proposals, preparation of financial proposal evaluation reports, preparation of contract negotiations with selected consultants, and submissions for ADB’s review in accordance with the project procurement plan and ADB’s guidelines and procedures;
· Prepare procurement documents such as bidding documents including technical specifications for goods, works and services to be procured through national competitive bidding (NCB) and shopping, bid evaluation minutes and reports, contracts, and other submission documents for ADB’s review;
· Prepare consultant recruitment documents such as TORs, request for proposals (RFP), expressions of interest (EOI) evaluation minutes and reports, technical proposal evaluation minutes and reports, contracts, and other submission documents for ADB’s review;
· Prepare and update the project procurement plan and procurement management plan for review and approval by ADB;
· Together with the Environment Specialist, ensure that all contracts with civil works contractors incorporate the relevant provisions from the environment management plan (EMP);
· Together with the other PIU staff and in coordination with the executing and implementing agencies and other relevant stakeholders, arrange inspections of goods, works and services being procured, as well as inspections of their delivery, storage, and distribution to the final destination to ensure timely availability and proper reception, installation, testing, and user training; ensure that the quality of the procured goods are verified against the specifications before signing acceptance documents for the goods;
· Together with the Financial Management Specialist/Accountant, ensure that all the procured goods are properly labeled and entered into the project financial management/accounting system;
· Collect and maintain complete records of procurement and consultant recruitment activities under the Project for audits and references by ADB and the government; make timely entry of information on all the contracts under the Project into MOF’s management information systems.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Expertise
The applicant must possess and demonstrate the following qualifications:
· A university degree in law, business administration, engineering, or other disciplines;
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in procuring goods, works, and services in projects funded by IFIs, preferably ADB;
· A3 National Certificate of Public Procurement;
· Proven understanding and knowledge of the laws and regulations of the Government of Mongolia as well as ADB policies, guidelines, and procedures;
· Strong oral and written Mongolian and English proficiency;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and computer skills;
· Additionally, experience with procuring civil works and recruiting engineering firms under projects funded by IFIs is desired.
Application Submission Procedure
Interested candidates should submit an application consisting of the following documents, prepared in English language:
- Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining the reasons for applying to the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum vitae;
- One reference letter from the previous employer; and
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates.
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position, and hand delivered to the specified person at MECSS by 5pm of 21 June, 2019. Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the MECSS’ selection committee; and (iii) provide proof of work experience and original copies diplomas and certificates at the interview.
Attn: Mr. ALTANBILEG Davaasuren, MECSS Specialist
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports of Mongolia
Government Building III, Baga Toiruu 44
5th Floor/ Room# 507
Ulaanbaatar city, Mongolia