1. Government of Mongolia has received financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Skills for Employment Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the contracts named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. Bidders may bid for one or several contracts, as further defined in the Bidding Document. Bidders wishing to offer discounts in case they are awarded more than one contract will be allowed to do so provided those discounts are included in the Bid Submission Sheet.
3. Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports of Mongolia (Purchaser) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the supply and delivery of Equipment and tools for STEM subjects, senior secondary education under 5 lots as specified in the bidding documents.
4. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One-Envelope procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document. Eligible Bidders should refer to the Bidding document for qualification requirements.
5. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this bidding (the last three years refers to 2015, 2016 and 2017): Eligibility
Eligibility for participation by Bidders in terms of nationality, conflict of interest, status as government-owned enterprise and sanctions imposed either by ADB or other international development institutions.
As a minimum, at least (2) two contracts successfully completed as supplier within the last three (3) years with the aggregate amount of these two (2) contracts equal to at least USD 680,000 for Lot 1 - Chemistry, USD 1,600,000 for lot 2 – Physics, USD 1,080,000 for Lot 3 – Design and Technology, USD 260,000 for Lot 4 – Audio-visual aid, USD 250,000 for Lot 5 - Math, or at least one (1) contract successfully completed as supplier within the last three (3) years with the amount equal to least USD 600,000 for Lot 1 - Chemistry, USD 1,400,000 for lot 2 – Physics, USD 940,000 for Lot 3 – Design and Technology, USD 230,000 for Lot 4 – Audio-visual aid, USD 220,000 for Lot 5 - Math, which should be the supply contract of educational equipment and educational goods. Bidders for multiple Lots shall meet the aggregate requirements for lots stated above.
Average Annual Turnover
Minimum average annual turnover of calculated as total payments received by the Bidder for contracts completed or under execution over the last three (3) years, for Lot 1: Chemistry - USD 1.28 million, Lot 2: Physics - USD 3 million, Lot 3: Design and Technology - USD 2 million, Lot 4: Audio-visual aid - USD 0.5 million, Lot 5: Math - USD $ 0.48 million calculated as total payments received by the Bidder for contracts completed or under execution over the last three (3) years.
Availability of or access to liquid assets, lines of credit, and other finances sufficient to meet cash flow requirement which is at least USD 425,000 for Lot 1 - Chemistry, USD 1,020,000 for lot 2 – Physics, USD 675,000 for Lot 3 – Design and Technology, USD 165,000 for Lot 4 – Audio-visual aid, USD 160,000 for Lot 5 - Math. Bidders for multiple Lots shall meet the aggregate requirements for lots stated above.
Historical Financial Performance
Soundness of the Bidder’s financial position showing long-term profitability demonstrated through audited annual financial statements (balance sheet, income statement) for the last three (3) years.
All pending claims, arbitration, or other litigation shall represent in total not more than 50% of the Bidder’s net worth. Any pending litigation or arbitration formally commenced against the Bidder shall be considered.
6. To purchase the Bidding Document in the English, eligible bidders should:
Send official letter to email@example.com or deliver to the below address, requesting the Bidding Document no. GS05.
- Pay a non-refundable fee of USD 30 by cash or bank transfer to:
Beneficiary Bank: State Bank of Mongolia, Address: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
USD Account number: 1060-0003-5699, Account name: Skills for Employment Project
SWIFT Code: STBMMNUB
Correspondent Bank: China Construction Bank Corporation, New York branch
SWIFT CODE: PCBCUS33, USD Account no. 675201295560
- The Bidding Document will be sent by email.
7. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before the deadline specified above. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document. Late bids shall be rejected. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address specified below.
8. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of bids.
9.Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from the Project Implementation Unit of Skills for Employment Project and inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below, during 09:30-12:30 and 14:00-17:00 hours of working days.
Address: S.Munkh-Ochir, Procurement Specialist, Project Implementation Unit, Skills for Employment Project, Suite 602, the Landmark office, Chinggis Avenue-13, 1st khoroo, Sukhbaatar district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Tel/fax: 976-7000 2055, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.sfep.mn