National Education Survey for Development of Education Sector Master Plan
The Government of Mongolia has requested a technical assistance (TA) from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to support the development the Education Sector Master Plan (ESMP). The Technical Assistance for ESMP development aims to strengthen analyzing, assessing, planning and management of the education system in Mongolia through the following three outputs that correspond to three phases of ESMP development, such as: (i) management and coordination mechanisms for ESMP development established (Phase I); (ii) in-depth education sector studies and reviews of international experience and lessons completed (Phase II); (iii) ESMP and expenditure framework developed (Phase III).
The National Education Survey is an essential part for the development of the Master Plan. Therefore, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and Sports now invites eligible national experts to express their interest in conducting national education survey during the mid of January through end of March 2019.
Objective and scope of the survey
The objective of the assignment is to carry out nationwide education surveys on actual studies, dialogues, consultation and participatory research (national social, economic development, demographic, labor market, financial, investment, performance and capacity) to identify vulnerabilities, raise awareness, gain commitment, and build consensus on the future directions of the development of the education sector in Mongolia as a part of in- depth education sector studies in the entire sector and sub-sectors such as in Pre-school; Primary and Secondary; Technical and Vocational Education; Higher education; Policy, Planning and Financing, and Life learning education of Mongolia.
Scope of the work
The National Education Survey Experts are expected to work with MECSS, ESMP TA team and its Core and Sub-Technical teams, National Development Agency, Education Research Institute, EDCM (education donor coordination mechanism), and other individual consultants, other key institutions and universities involved in the development of the Master Plan.
The selected experts will perform the following assignments during January through March 2019:
- in-depth sector wide studies, reviews and data analysis in results and outcomes of implementation of policies, strategies, medium-term planning and development programs of entire and sub education sectors, such as in pre-school, primary, secondary, TVET, higher education and their access, quality, relevance, equity, with an emphasis on student learning achievement and labor market outcomes,
- Identifying gaps to fill and areas to improve in, and drafting the recommendations to the Education Sector Master Plan Development;
- Identifying a cost efficiency of expenditure and investment and Mid-term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) for all levels of Education.
The following experts are invited to submit their expression of interests:
- Education Policy, Planning and Education Data Analysis
- Pre-school Education
- Primary and Secondary Education
- Technical and Vocational Education
- Higher Education
- Life Long Learning Education
- Education Financing and Investment
The experts must possess and demonstrate, in general, the following qualifications:
- Graduate degree in Education, Policy and Planning, Financing and other relevant disciplines, needed to the education survey’s areas
- Demonstrated at least 6 years of experience in conducting research and studies on education sector; and good network with institutions in education sector
- Expertise in developing qualitative and quantitative research methodology
- Expertise in reviewing the education development policies and long term planning mechanism
- Expertise in delivering workshops to present and discuss findings; sand producing reports
- Written and oral English and Mongolian proficiency;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point) and web skills are required;
Interested candidates should provide the following documents demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience:
- Cover letter (maximum two pages) explaining the reasons for applying to the position, describing how the candidate’s qualification, skills and work experiences meet the selection criteria;
- Curriculum vitae;
- One reference letter from the previous employer; and
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates.
All documents should be enclosed in a sealed envelope that indicates the applied position, and hand delivered to the specified person by 16.30 pm, 14 January 2019.
OFFICE of “MECSS-ADB, ESMP TA-9376 MON” PROJECT
Room 604,VI Floor, “Avzaga Center “ Building;
Please note that the submitted documents will not be returned to the applicants. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted and asked to (i) have a job interview with the MECSS’ selection committee; and (ii) provide proof of work experience and original copies diplomas and certificates at the interview.
Detailed TOR for this assignment can be sent if requested or it is available on the MECSS websites. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 17.00 hours.
Please find the TOR here.
Ms. BOLOR. J.
Specialist, International Projects, Programs and External Cooperation Department, MECSS, Room 507,V Floor, MECSS, Government Building-III.
Ms. ADIYADELGER. G
Office Manager, MECSS-ADB, ESMP TA-9376 MON.
Room 604,VI Floor, “Avzaga Center “ Building
Mobile: 88807518, 88080721